- Public Works
- Water Distribution
- Backflow Prevention Program
Backflow Prevention Program
The City of Granbury’s Water Department takes pride in the water we provide and continues to protect the potable water that meets or exceeds all TCEQ and EPA standards. Our Cross-Connection Control and Backflow Prevention Program is committed to helping protect your drinking water system from potential contamination.
Backflow is the undesirable reversal of the flow of water in a potable water distribution system as a result of a cross connection. In other words, backflow is water flow going in the wrong direction. There are two types of backflow:
- Backpressure - This occurs when water generated pressure from a private service exceeds the water pressure provided by the City’s water system. Causes for increased pressure from a private system may include a pump, elevated tank, boiler, or other condition.
- Backsiphonage - This occurs when backflow is caused by negative or reduced pressure in the supply piping.
All Backflow Prevention assemblies require a Plumbing or Irrigation Permit prior to installation from the City of Granbury Permits Department located at Granbury City Hall at 116 W. Bridge St. Granbury, TX 76048 (817) 573-1114.
ATTENTION BACKFLOW TESTERS
On June 22, 2018 the City of Granbury partnered with Backflow Solutions, Inc., or BSI Online.
BSI has worked diligently to become the nation’s leader in municipal backflow data management and comprehensive cross-connection control solutions. The City of Granbury will require online submission of Backflow Prevention Assembly Tests and Maintenance Reports into the BSI Online Tracking system.
Backflow Prevention Resources
- BSI Online Backflow Test Report Submittals: bsionlinetracking.com
- Backflow Questions Contact: BSI Online (800) 414-4990 or E-mail email@example.com
- To learn more about Cross-Connection Control and Backflow Management visit BSI Online’s Backflow Academy to help answer your questions.
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Test and Maintenance Report (TCEQ-20700)
- City Ordinance - Article 13.11 CROSS CONNECTION, BACKFLOW AND SIPHONAGE REGULATIONS
- EPA Cross-Connection Control Manual
- A Consumers Guide to Backflow Prevention in Texas