As a way to help support arts and cultural programs in the community, the Granbury City Council adopted Ordinance No. 18-42 creating and establishing a Granbury Cultural Arts Commission (GCAC) at the June 19 Granbury City Council Meeting. The City is accepting applications for positions on this commission.
The GCAC is being established as a way for the City to work cooperatively with private citizens, foundations, corporations, institutions, and agencies committed to the preservation and development of programs and activities related to the arts. The GCAC will be made up of seven members at large (four of which must be City of Granbury residents) appointed by the Granbury City Council. The duties of the GCAC commissioners include:
- Develop for adoption and approval by the City of Granbury City Council a Public Arts Policy and Master Plan.
- Develop cooperation and coordination with private citizens, institutions, agencies and local, regional and national art organizations interested in conducting activities related to the arts.
- Provide and assist in the development of the arts in the City by providing a biannual “state of the arts” assessment to the City Council.
- Make recommendations to the City Council relative to expenditures of budgeted and allocated city funds for promoting and sustaining the arts as well as tourism and economic development in the City and its environs.
- Advise and assist the City Council in connection with proposed arts related programs within the community.
- Recommend, advise, cultivate and create a robust arts ecosystem for the city of Granbury.
All applications should be submitted to the City Secretary’s Office as soon as possible so that the City Councilmembers can review them before making appointments at an upcoming meeting (meeting date to be determined). Applications may be submitted either in person at City Hall (116 W. Bridge St.), via mail (P.O Box 969, Granbury, TX 76048), or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications can be picked up in person at City Hall or downloaded online at www.granbury.org/BCapplication.
Those appointed by City Council will be notified by mail. Applicants not appointed will be considered for future assignments as vacancies occur. For more information about boards and commissions, including the Boards and Commissions Policy Manual, visit www.granbury.org/boardscommissions contact City Secretary Carla Walker at email@example.com or 817-573-1114.