The function of the Streets Department is to maintain and repair the city’s streets, traffic and street signs, and drainage facilities. This is accomplished by performing work functions such as pothole patching, utility cut repairs, spot sealing, mechanical street sweeping, tree trimming, sign maintenance and installation, drainage ditch maintenance, and severe weather / emergency response duties. Since this division has heavy construction equipment, it is utilized to support all other divisions within the city when heavy equipment is required.
- Patch potholes in a manner that they remain in place longer
- Repair utility cuts in a timely manner
- Sweep streets on schedule and as needed
- Repair and replace street signs as required
- Respond to service requests in a courteous and timely manner