Code Red Emergency Notification
Hood County CodeRED Emergency Notification System
Seconds count in an emergency! Hood County has instituted the CodeRED Emergency Notification System, an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications. This system allows us to telephone all or targeted areas of the county in case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action.
The system is capable of dialing 50,000 phone numbers per hour. It then delivers our recorded message to a live person or an answering machine, making three attempts to connect to any number.
Get started or to update your contact information through the CodeRED website
. This system will only be used for emergency services.
CodeRED will be utilized in emergencies such as:
- Drinking water contamination
- Utility outage
- Evacuation notice and route
- Missing person
- Fires or floods
- Bomb threat
- Hostage situation
- Chemical spill or gas leak
- Comanche Peak Power Plant emergency
- Other emergency incidents where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety