Building Inspections, Permits & Code Enforcement
Effective June 1, 2021 the City of Granbury will adopt the 2017 NEC & 2018 I-Codes. Projects submitted after June 1, 2021 will be permitted under the new codes.
The Building Inspections, Permits, & Code Enforcement Department performs ordinance enforcement in the areas of both residential and commercial construction. Building Inspections is responsible for the inspection of buildings and structures during construction to ensure compliance with approved plans and all governing building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, municipal and state codes.
Both new and remodel work is inspected to make sure compliance to all adopted codes are met. Construction permits are required, and both plans reviewed and permits are issued by the division. Emergency inspections, such as electrical service change, reconnect, gas test, water line, sewer line and on-site sewage facilities, will be the same day.
View the staff directory for department contacts or contact us at 817-573-1114.
Requests for Inspections
Inspections requested by 4:30 p.m. will be scheduled for the following business day. When calling in an inspection request, you must provide an address, permit number, name and contact number of the contractor, type of inspection, and your name.
Cancellations and Reinspections
Call our hotline number (682-205-1621) for inspections or to cancel an inspection request. To cancel an inspection request, leave the above information and give the reason for cancellation. All re-inspection requests will need to be called in to the hotline number.
- Where is the Building Inspections, Permits, & Code Enforcement Department located and what are the hours of operations?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- When is a permit required?
- What is a Certificate of Occupancy?
- When is a Certificate of Occupancy required?
- Why is a Certificate of Occupancy needed?
- Can a Certificate of Occupancy be revoked?
- How long does the review process take on residential projects?
- Can a permit be picked up without the general contractor or subcontractors being listed on the permit?
- What construction can occur on property before issuance of a building permit, and when can dirt work commence on a project?
- Is a permit required to occupy or use a building?
- Can application be made for a building permit while the site is being platted or zoning is pending?