Building Permits & Inspections
- Monthly Reports
- Online Request Portal
- Building and inspection forms, applications, and fees
- Process to obtain building permits
- Approaches and city sidewalks require the contractor to be registered, permitted and inspected with the City of Granbury.
- Before any plumbing is installed in a new building, the city must approve a form board survey.
- Inspections are required to be called in with permit number at (682) 205-1621. An inspection called in after 9:00 am will occur on the following business day.
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing sub-contractors are required to apply for and obtain individual permits. Sign contractors require registration and individual permits.
- Only contractors and subcontractors registered with the City of Granbury can obtain permits. Complete the contractor registration application and submit to the Building Inspections Department if not registered with the city.
The City of Granbury inspects to the following Codes with the COG amendments (option B):
- 2015 International Code Series (Free Viewing from ICC Online Library Website)
- 2015 Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 International Building Code (COG Amendments)
- 2015 International Plumbing Code (COG Amendments)
- 2015 International Fire Code (COG Amendments)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code (COG Amendments)
- 2014 National Electric Code (COG Amendments)
- 2015 International Residential Code (COG Amendments)
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (COG Amendments)