- Must be a United States citizen
- Must possess, or be able to obtain prior to employment, a valid Texas driver's license
- Must be at least 18 years of age, but if younger than 21 must have one of the following:
- Associates degree or 60 college semester credit hours
- Two years of military service
- Received an honorable discharge from the United States forces after at least two years of service
- Not have been within the last ten years, under court ordered community supervision or probation for any offense above the grade of a Class C misdemeanor
- Cannot have been convicted of any Class A or Class B misdemeanor within the last 10 years
- Cannot ever have been convicted of any offense classified as a felony.
- Cannot ever have been convicted of any offense involving family violence.
- Cannot be prohibited by state or federal law from operating a motor vehicle.
- Cannot be prohibited by state or federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.
- Must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- High School graduate
- Have passed a general educational development (GED) test indicating a high school graduation level and have passed at least 12 semester credit hours from an accredited college or university with a grade point average of 2.0 or better
- An honorable discharge from the armed forces of the United States at least 24 months of active duty service
- Must not have been discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditions, specifically:
- Under other than honorable conditions
- Bad conduct
- Any other characterization of service indicating bad behavior
- Cannot have had a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) license denied by final order or revoked, or have a voluntary surrender of license currently in effect
- Must meet the minimum TCOLE training standards and pass the TCOLE examination for each license sought
- Cannot have violated any TCOLE rule or provision of Occupation Code Chapter 1701
- Must be of good moral character
- Must be capable of performing all essential job functions (this list is available from personnel department)
The City of Granbury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.